EgypToz: Good Bye

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Good Bye

The sister of my grandmother is very ill and I think she is dying…she died 10 years ago…but she is living physically till now…she is not in a coma or paralyzed…she is waiting for death…it is a horrible feeling…not having anyone in your life…living alone without anyone helping you…or even asking if you need help…or if you are sad or happy…or what you have done today…or yesterday…or the day before yesterday…when we opened the door of her apartment in Shobra where she is living…it was like hell…the smell was like the smell of a dead body left for more than 1 month…garbage was everywhere…in the kitchen…in the living room…under the bed...in the bathroom…I think this was a territory for all bacteria civilizations…where is the food…where is the water…cockroaches were everywhere…her clothes were rotten…I do not believe that this lady has half a million pounds…or maybe more…or maybe less…but she does not need money…she needs love and care…she needs a human being like her…her husband died 20 or 25 years ago…and left her a treasure…in her early days she had many friends…and was having good time sitting with them in the Gezira club…I remember when she used to bring gifts for all my family…she did not know how to spend her money…but she knows that she is happy when she sees a smile in someone’s eyes…she used to buy me balloons and toys when I was a kid…she does not have sons or daughters…but she had our family…she traveled all over the world when she was fit and healthy…and all the children in our family loved her very much…because she spent all time playing with us…kissing us…telling us stories…she had many sisters and brothers…some are dead…some still living…but here is the point…all of them have their lives…and their children…and their grandchildren…they have no time to call her…or help her in anything…and the children she was playing with are grownups now...and some have children...this is mean…this is really mean…I tried to tell the members of my family about that…many many times…but no one wants to do something…no one wants to waste his time with a poor old lady that will die soon…they thought she will die maybe in 1998 or 2000…but we are now in 2007…and she is still living…and breathing…and feeling…telling my mother about that was always a big mistake…where is the bond of the Egyptian families…this is the result of the deteriorating Egyptian society…this is the end of the speeding rhythm of life…this is the awful truth of us…and of me in particular...because I have done nothing...but why wondering about that…if the same is happening with me now…and I am young…am I …wallad…wallad shab

3 comments:

reham said...

بص ..طالما عندك صحاب و فلوس-مش شرط كتير-و وقت-برضه مش شرط كتير-يبقى تقدر تكون جروب منك انت و اصحابك و تروحولها كل يومين مثلا تنضفوا البيت و تشوفوا طلباتها..الموضوع مش صعب بس ابتدى و ربنا و الله بيساعد و بيدى الصحة و الوقت ...و كمان لما حتساعدها, مش حتصدق كمية السعادة و الراحة النفسية اللى انت -مش هيه بس يعنى-حتكون فيها.. و بعدين هيه عاملتكم حلو و انتم اطفال..عاملها دلوقتى كده..الكبار دول زى الاطفال و الله و مش عاوزين اللا شوية حنان ..كمان ممكن تحاول تخرجها شوية ..اكيد هيه مخرجتش من سنين..هو حال الاسرة المصرية بقى نيلة ايوه بس اللى يقدر يعمل مساعدة لحد محتاج يعمل..و الاقربون اولى بالمعروف do that and plz give me a feedback if possible , thank you :) and GOD bless you

أميرة البلطجية said...

so..I am not gonna comment on the drama of the situation cz it is a lot more than my words would discribe.. laken, let's be practical.. what have you decided to do to this lady who has never ever imagined that, one day, all of those she loved and cherished would turn their backs to her in her weakest of weak moments? I suggest that you do something, or else.. you will write even more bitter stuff after sometime.. when you practically have no chance to pay her back .. sorry iam tough..but i got a similiar experince...dont wanna see u go thru this

WS said...

reham...I did not do what you have written above,although I wanted to do it,but something really strange happened that turned the whole situation ups and down.

princess...you are absolutely right when you say " you will write even more bitter stuff after sometime"...it was only one week and I faced the horrible news.