EgypToz: A Journey of Truth

Thursday, March 02, 2006

A Journey of Truth

I am well educated…enlightened…live in a very good standard…and was independent…my mother is a professor in the university…my father is an expert in economics…they trusted me…I was free
We met while preparing for the new television series …I was responsible for the interior design… he was very nice to me…charm…and handsome…we talked a lot…I was older than him…we decided to get married…but to keep it as a secret…cause he was not prepared…I was also not prepared for that step…I was in love…it was a beautiful time…we were meeting in two places…his father had an apartment which was empty at that time…and he had another one outside the city…we had sex…we did not use contraceptives…he did not care about that…and never asked me about it…we went out to many places…we had fun…he was famous…and (religious)…people liked him…and everyday I liked him more and more…
and one day a friend of mine noticed some changes in my body…she told me to go to the doctor…I made some tests…he looked at me before telling the result…he saw a little smile on my face…he told me that I am pregnant…and I am already in the end of the 2nd month of pregnancy…I called my husband that he is going to be a father…he was somehow shocked…he went to a wise religious man and told him about the situation…he called me telling me that we still have a chance to make an abortion without it being a sinful act …I was shocked…I did not believe what I was hearing…I tried to change his decision but he insisted…I was in a dilemma…then he changed…his attitude changed…his behavior changed…everything changed…my baby was growing and I did not know what to do…but I was sure that I will never murder my baby…I kept on thinking whom I am going to tell…and I had only my parents…I went to my father and told him the whole story…he could not believe that I have made such a big mistake…I told him I was dumb…I was weak…I needed love…and needed care…I thought at that time that I am right…and that everything will just be ok…after my mother heard my story she did not want to see me again…she did not talk to me for a whole month…until the day came…the day when I showed her a picture of my baby moving inside…she cried…she was moved by that picture…she hugged me…at that point I felt that I am strong again…we are one strong family now…we decided not to solve a mistake by a chain of other mistakes…I decided to have that baby…and I was confident and brave to start my new journey…the journey of truth

Hind Al Henawi from the program ( Sira We Enfatahet )I watched on FutureTV
After the show I read some comments on zavenonline.com to see how people think about this issue…some were against Hind…others were against Ahmed…
I just want to say that when you do a big mistake ….you can not turn back and prevent that mistake to happen…but try to find the best solution for it…Hind made a mistake…Ahmed made a mistake…we will never learn without making mistakes…and I think many of us have learned something…so we have to stop blaming both of them all day and night…we have to find the reason...it is not their own fault…it is the fault of their double-face society

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just worried about the future of the baby girl. I think Hind should leave the country and live in a western country, where her case will not be stagmatised as it is and will stay forever stagmatised in Egypt.

Anonymous said...

And what should the other babies- like Lina - do in Egypt?Should they leave the country?